Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rice Pudding Again!

I figured that since I ate SO much over the holiday weekend I will keep ruining my diet and eat some more!! Rice pudding again, but a different recipe. I had better luck this time with it thickening up, but I think the taste of the previous recipe was better, still very good though :)
I got this recipe from www.maresfoodandfun.blogspot.com which she got from March 09' issue of Bon Appetit.
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup Basmati rice
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 vanilla bean, split
Bring water, rice and salt to a simmer in a large heavy saucepan, over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer till water is absorbed, about 10 min. Add milk, cream, and sugar. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean, add seeds and bean. Increase heat to medium, cook uncovered till rice is tender and mixture thickens, about 35-40 min. Serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment