Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chocolate Cookies

I have to start off with saying sorry for my very llooong absence!! This pregnancy has not exactly been a walk in the park, so a lot of the things I enjoy doing, have been put on the back burner. But now that I am in the last stretch of my pregnancy, and besides feeling rather large, am doing pretty good, and am back in the kitchen! At least until our sweet little boy arrives. :)
So here is one of my favorite cookie recipes, its simple, can be mixed up however you choose, and most important yummy!!
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugars till fluffy. Add vanilla, then eggs one at a time, mix till well blended then add your dry ingredients. Fold in the white chocolate chips, and spoon by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 13 to 14 min, I like mine a little underdone that way they set up and stay soft a gooey in the center. I have done this recipe a million times, white chocolate is my fave, but I have also done it with walnuts, dark, milk and mint chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment