Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pan biscuits

I am so sad to admit it, but I am horrible at making breads! My best friend always makes fun of me cause I cannot even get Rhodes rolls to turn out perfect. It is something with the whole yeast, rise, and wait part that goes horribly wrong!! I came across this recipe on Cafe Johnsonia and figured since there was no yeast involved I will give it a try.
1/3 cup butter
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbls. fresh chopped herbs
1 Tbls. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put butter into a 9" square pan, melt in heated oven, remove and set aside. Combine all dry ingredients (cheese included) create a well in the middle and add milk. Stir till just moistened, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead ten times. Roll into a 12"by 4" rectangle and cut into 1" strips to make 12 rolls. Dip into butter and arrange in pan two across and six down. Bake 20-25min.
I apologize for not having a picture of he finished product but my son got into them before I could. I did do a few things different from the recipe, but only cause I did not have all the ingredients on hand. Instead of parmesan cheese I used shredded cheddar. I also find it very hard to always keep fresh herbs on hand. Around Thanksgiving I came across freeze dried herbs that you store in your fridge and have been using those ever since, but only use half of what the recipe calls for.


No comments:

Post a Comment